Last summer, we held a contest with Le Domaine du Ridge, a winery that we absolutely fell in love with located in the beautiful Eastern Townships of Quebec. This year, the Domaine is opening Le Old Mill 1849, a Bistro & Auberge located in picturesque Stanbridge-East. Read on to find out how you could win a charming getaway for two to Quebec’s oldest vine-growing region.
Located along the Brome-Missisquoi Wine Route just north of the Vermont border, Stanbridge-East is a charming historical village nestled among rolling hills and green valleys. The old Cornell Mill, with its wooden waterwheel and red brick façade, stands as a testament of simpler times where the mill was the hub of economic and social activity.
Across the street from the mill stands what once was the Cecil House, a 19th century hotel which had fallen into a state of disrepair for some time. Lovingly restored in 2017 by the same owners as the Domaine, the building has been given a second life as Le Old Mill 1849, a Bistro & Auberge offering guests 5 comfortable rooms that have been aptly named after surrounding villages. The bistro’s mission is to promote local ingredients and products through a simple (and delicious!) yet refined menu.
Activities include a kayak adventure along the Pike River offered by Le Old Mill, driving along picturesque roads to discover the quaint towns and the myriad of activities the Eastern Townships have to offer, followed by a relaxing evening sipping a glass of wine in the piano bar.
This summer, Mobilia and Le Domaine du Ridge are offering you a chance to win a gourmet weekend getaway in this beautiful region.
To enter the contest, simply comment below on who you’d like to bring along on this delicious adventure!
One lucky winner will be announced on our Facebook page.
The winner will also be contacted directly
4 prizes to be won!
The grand prize consists of:
- Dinner for two at Le Old Mill 1849 located in Stanbridge East (up to a $100 value)
- One night’s accommodation in the Inn located above the Old Mill
- A bottle of Le Domaine du Ridge’s Berthelot-Paradis sparkling wine
- A Épicurien* package for two at the Domaine du Ridge’s Vineyard
- $500 in travel credit
- Three other Épicurien* packages for two will also be drawn
Furthermore, the Domaine du Ridge is offering a special rebate and gift to Mobilia clients. Be sure to mention this article when reserving at firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Épicurien package includes, per person:
- Presentation of the vineyard’s history with a guided tour with commentary on the life of the vintner
- Tasting of the Domaine’s ten multiple award-winning wines and introduction to wine tasting with a professional sommelier
- Tasting of local products with butcher board for two or four including a selection of cheeses, rillettes, pâté, saucisson, smoked ham and more
About the Domaine du Ridge Winery
Domaine du Ridge was born in 1996 in the bucolic Champlain valley at the end of a path where the trees form an absolutely magnificent green tunnel. This family business is made up of a dynamic team where customer experience and product quality are their priorities. The ten wines produced on site offer a wide range of flavors for lovers of red, white, rosé, sparkling and specialties. With its 85,000 vines in production, the Domaine is one of the largest vineyards in Quebec. It has been quoted by several sommeliers and journalists specialized in wine in La Presse, Le Devoir, TVA, Le Guide Lapeyrie and more.